marcog84

CTD when closing aircraft main door

Hi everyone,

I have this very weird error everytime I try to close the main door (shift+E). After opening the door without any problem, as I retype Shift+E to close the main door, fsx crashes to desktop. This happens with every kind of aircraft, both default and addons, and it happened yesteday the first time without installing any new addons or any other modification to the system.

I never heard of this and I ask if anyone could help me.

Thank you.

Marco

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only explanation I can think of is that your keyboard is connected to a bad USB port.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature), I recommend getting a driver update program like Driver Booster, a freeware program which scans your system for outdated drivers for your motherboard, USB ports, and other hardware.  Windows Update does not do this in most cases.  A bad USB port driver can cause all kinds of problems.  You want to keep your computer in tip top shape at all times.

As suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, you might want to also look at your Event Viewer to see if any error was generated.  The faulting module, if any, always provides a good clue as to the cause of the crash.

Best regards,

Jim