Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

AP DISCO on Final NGX and QOS

I am doing nothing different than I have for the past 10 years but the last 5 flights with either the NGX or the QOS I am now getting AP DISCO on final and it wont reengage. Any clues what could be going on? I amusing P3D V3.

Thanks

Randy Smith

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Usually a problem with a controller, noisy or spiking, and could also be something is hitting the trim via a key command. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, flynman33 said:

I am doing nothing different than I have for the past 10 years but the last 5 flights with either the NGX or the QOS I am now getting AP DISCO on final and it wont reengage

If this is happening all of the sudden, then I'm dubious of this claim.

The code certainly hasn't changed, and if it's happening across products, then it's usually not an issue of the product itself, rather, the operator. As Dan mentioned, it may be the hardware. My guess, however, would be that you haven't neutralized a trim axis.

Kyle Rodgers

neutralized a trim axis

In the Yoke or P3D V3 itself?

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

8 hours ago, flynman33 said:

In the Yoke or P3D V3 itself?

The yoke itself. Trim in P3D is always kept in sync with the aircraft (which is why you can use the default trim up/down commands and everything still works).

Do note that Dan and I specifically referenced hardware. I could've been more specific that I was elaborating on his response, but the end message is the same: it's something you, yourself, are doing (or not doing). In this case, I'm willing to bet that it's that you have a trim axis assigned and have not neutralized it.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I did this in the QOS and am having no issues with AP disco.

:menu->setup->pmdg options->simulation->next page(2/10)->ctl input with AP on

Is there something equivalent in the NGX.

Thanks

Randy

I had this happening to me quite some time ago, might not even be relevant but maybe worth a quick look.  In the settings of the FMS aircraft options i believe, there's a setting for fail passive and fail operational.  Give it a click and see what it does. 

Joe Connolly

KSTL

On 6/2/2017 at 10:28 PM, flynman33 said:

Is there something equivalent in the NGX.

Not yet, but the success here indicates that your hardware is sending erroneous signals, either because of hardware spikes, or you have a trim axis assigned and it is not neutral before you engage the AP.

Kyle Rodgers