Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Best way of installing P3D V4

Hi guys,

I would like to ask if uninstalling all addons and deleting P3d V3 and reinstalling V4 will be the best way? I know its very daunting to uninstall and reinstall everything but i would think is cleaner and better. Your thoughts please!

Regards

Orbx suggests to keep v3 installed til you get updated Ftx central and v4 installed.

Kevin Humphryes

I think the best possible way to clean up everything, and switch from V3 to V4 (assuming you already decided to get rid of V3), is:

- Uninstall ALL your 3rd party add-ons, using their proper uninstall methods.

- Uninstall P3D V3 using the Windows Control Panel. Be sure you remove the whole product, not just the Client or the Content. Be sure nothing related to Prepar3D V3 is left in the Windows Control Panel.

- Go into the folder you previously installed P3D in, and remove the whole folder manually. Most of the times, leftovers will be there, because Uninstallers will only remove what *they* installed, but if you added other stuff manually, it will still be there.

- Remove ALL the following folders:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

- Install Prepar3D V4, then all your add-ons, assuming they all recognize V4 already.

Doing this, in this specific order, should assure you a mostly clean reinstall, which would be the closest thing to a reformat, without a reformat...

• Upvote 1