Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Throttle to the computer - what do you think?

Guest Kristoffer H

Hi,I'm thinking about starting a webshop which manufacture and sell flight sim parts. Plug & Play (USB) "Auto Throttles" for starters. As I see it today there isn't many companies who sell those for a reasonable price.So I post here to see if there is any market for this kind of business. The models which will be available at firstis for Boeing 737, 767 & 777. In the future may also Airbus A3xx and Boeing 747 be manufacutured.The production of theese parts hasn't been started yet but it will as soon as I get enough positive response ;)Please write if this seems to me something for you!Thanks in advance.Kristoffer H

>Hi,>>I'm thinking about starting a webshop which manufacture and>sell flight sim parts. >Plug & Play (USB) "Auto Throttles" for starters. As I see it>today there isn't many companies who sell those >for a reasonable price.With "Auto Throttles" do you mean throttles with servo? That would be awesome :)I would be interested in such a device, but... what do you mean with reasonable price? Consider that "simple" CH throttles cost 200$...Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest gasebah

I don't want to be rude. And I know I am only stating my own opinion here and I am very biased. But I am so bored by all these flightsim hardware manufacturers that are only like 737, 747, 757.......Doesn't anyone notice that there are a lot of people out there that love GA flying and are building cockpits for GAs?I would love a yoke with trim wheel that really has the right forces and changes with trimming. Or a reasonable FF yoke if necessary with its own software interface to resemble realistic forces.Or....a networking software the likes of project magenta, but with a variety of nice T gauges that you can use like RealityXPs.Or, or or...but please not another 737 yoke, throttle or glasscockpit software.Just my 2 cents...Alex

Guest JoJoDawg

Kristoffer: Not to be discourging, but you would be taking on a very huge task. I would love to see you get it done, it would begreat, but it would cost you a lot of money and time just to figureout how you could get it done and done right.There is a couple of places that are working on AT Throttle units.One being Project Magenta: Take a look a clip of what might be possiblehttp://www.projectmagenta.com/ Check out in the Download/Vid sectionand also here: Simulator/See the development progress here. FDS is making one also and they will probably be making a lot of the different throttles.http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/forum/v...opic.php?t=1956Alex: The reason you don't see a lot of GA parts is that its not insuch high demand as the 737 or an Airbus. There is starting tobe a little more push into GA hardware, but I guess it's just going totake some time. On the realistic FF yokes probably not going to happenever. If it does then it might cost you a arm and four legs for it andit still will not be anything realistic.

>Hi,>>I'm thinking about starting a webshop which manufacture and>sell flight sim parts. >Plug & Play (USB) "Auto Throttles" for starters. As I see it>today there isn't many companies who sell those >for a reasonable price.>>So I post here to see if there is any market for this kind of>business. The models which will be available at first>is for Boeing 737, 767 & 777. In the future may also Airbus>A3xx and Boeing 747 be manufacutured.>>The production of theese parts hasn't been started yet but it>will as soon as I get enough positive response ;)>Please write if this seems to me something for you!>>Thanks in advance.>>Kristoffer H

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Kristoffer H

Allright, thanks for the answers. Keep on posting!Well, I have to start somewhere and I was thinking that because many people are familiar with the Boeing models, it would be a great thing to start working with those models. Of course, if everything goes well I'm sure that other models than the regular ones will be developed in the future.I'm fully aware of the fact that this is going to be a project that will cost me, but at least I think it's fun and absolutely worth it ;)I can't really tell any price yet, sorry. I'll try to make some research about it very soon.Anyway, I'll start the making of a prototype by the end of this week. Pictures will come up later.Until then, keep the response flowing :)Kristoffer H

Guest av84fun

<With all due respect, CH which is the leading yoke/power quad/rudder manufacturer...by far...as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, noticed your desire.So did GoFlight, Precision Flight Controls (my rig) and numerous others. Regards,Jim

Guest Kingair315

Have you tried the CH Yoke, Pedals and throttle? They are great, and doubt anyone would make them much cheaper. The market for FS stuff like these is limited, so to make a profit on something like this, the price must be higher than say steering wheels for cars. But, if you watch for them, you can get them in discount electronics stores like Fry's for less. Sometimes buying the Yoke and Pedals together from Flightsim.com or other sites means a discount. Ive been using mine about five-7 days a week for over five years...