Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

P3D Version 3.4 and AS 16 CPU cycles.

Gonna join the 95% off AVSIM users that only come here to look for solutions already there without ever posting themselves, no more solutions from me anymore bye

On 6/4/2017 at 8:12 PM, Pe11e said:

I know, that is probably some kind of bug within AS16. I have this high cpu usage issue since ASN, and also in AS16, so until HiFi solves it I'm using task manager to keep it on the last core.

Well , turns out I am still having this issue, even with older version of AS 16, and still working with tech support, so I am going to try your solution of assigning it to core 4 and see what happens. The only other fix I can find is to shut down AS 16 every 30 minutes and restart it, to return CPU % back to normal. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Positive now  I found the solution to my problem. In troubleshooting this issue, it seemed that it was very rare for anyone to have this problem, when I questioned the users I knew about it. I then figured that it must be something my system that was interacting with AS16 casing the CPU % to rise after 20-30 minutes, without fail. I then started disabling things associated with P3D, the AV, the firewall, addons etc, and nothing helped, no matter what I tried. I then went back to installing older versions of AS 16, and still the problem continued. 

Now I am thinking, the only thing left, is P3D itself. Then I recalled that I had done all the updates to P3D version 3.4 except one or two of the last hotfixes. I didn't do those because at that time, some were having problems with the hotfixes, my P3D was running fine, and the change log didn't list anything that I saw as a problem for my P3D. Then I looked at the P3D website and saw the latest version of P3D version 3.4 was 19868, which I didn't have. My version was a much lower number, (18400) which was probably due to the hotfixes that I had not installed. So I downloaded the client for 19868, uninstalled the client I had, and installed the updated client. My thinking was, now I probably have the same version as the AS 16 developers are using to program AS 16. I then reinstalled the latest version of AS16, 6359, and rebooted the PC. 

I then started P3D, and AS 16, and Task Manager, and resource monitor for CPU, checked AS 16, and just let it run for a few hours  with an aircraft idling on the taxiway.  I carefully watched the cpu % and average % for AS 16, and it stayed at less than 1%, in fact the average hovered around 0.6%. I then loaded up one of my helicopters and flew for a couple of hours, and the average CPU never went over 1% and usually was between 0.57 and 0.67.   I had never had average CPU% that low. I flew for 2 hours last night, same result, and this morning another 1 1/2 hours with same result. 

I also remember that when I installed the latest version yesterday, I had to install Net framework 4.6.2 in order to complete the Client install. Not sure if that had anything to do with the solution. 

Anyway, it is running perfectly now. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310