Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

P3D V4 and the original installation instructions

Hello all,

The instructions to install the 747 in P3D V4 were very short and clear, however there is no mention of the original installation instructions that were provided in the manuals with the previous version.

What happened to for instance the UIautomationcore.dll? is that still needed? what about the other settings?

thanks for your help!

Yori Smulders

I am in the same boat - also have not even seen any instructions on how to update it please can someone provide....(only thing I know is that I somehow need to uninstall my 747 that is installed for P3Dv3 so I can install the P3Dv4 version.....

My situation is that I have 777 + 737 + 747 installed for my P3Dv3 - how step my step do I need to update the 747 to P3Dv4 and can I keep my other 2 planes working with P3Dv3?where do I get the download from (is it my original purchase link I should download again from or the operations centre is offering me the chance to update my 747!!! but no idea if its connected to the P3Dv4 update.... - very confused! can anyone assist?

Also can someone confirm what I need to do with FSUIPC to get this working (have a purchased version of this - on my P3Dv3) will I need to pay for an upgrade of this and then install it to get everything working! ...even more confused!

With regards to UIautomationcore.dll, looking at the manual, it seems this file update was only necessary for FSX boxed version. It specifically states that this isn't necessary for FSX Steam Edition, and there was no mention of it being necessary for Prepar3D at all, so I assume you don't need to do anything about it.

As for the other planes, uninstalling the 747 shouldn't have any effect on either the 777 or the 737 as they are completely different planes with their own uninstallers. Basically, all you need to do is uninstall the 747, get the new installer (instructions for that were in the original post that Robert posted, but you'd need to go into your previous orders to download it), and then install it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. If we specifically don't mention something, it means that you don't need to worry about it. We're very clear about what you need to do, and in cases where you should not do something, we're also generally clear about that. If there is no mention of something, then there's no need to worry about it.

As Kevin said, the aircraft are independent. Uninstalling one will not affect the others. Follow the directions posted and you'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers