Sign in to follow this  
newtie

GPS while in hold for GTN?

Hi all-

Could anyone recommend a GPS that works in V4 (other than the stock one) that I can use in my XtremeLabs Lear while waiting for the GTN to be updated?

Thanks,

Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'sd like to know the answer to to your question also. I've been looking all around the Internet and I don't think that such a gauge yet exists. The main reason for this is that  for reasons tied to performance, GPS gauges are written as C language DLLs (also  aliased to GAU) and sometimes with accompanying EXE files (like the Flight1 GTN units). Since all those DLLs are presently 32 bit, none will work in V4. There may be GPS gauges written in XML, but I haven't found one. If anyone would know the answer to whether there are any XML GPS gauges that work in V4, it would be Bill Leaming.

In any case, the default GNS 430 will show SIDs and STARs for the default airports in P3d V3 and V4, if one has fsaerodata installed. One could also run the GTN trainer in the background and bring it to the front to look at items that are not tied to the user aircraft.