Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Comments on Addon Organizer

Hi Oliver - 

Played around withP4AO and added about 8 Toposim mesh layers. Very easy to use, pretty intuitive.

a couple of things just FYI - at first run after install, my first operation was a Backup - in program I browsed to my drive and created a specific folder - threw an exception. Didn't record it but tried again and browsed to the now existing folder - backup worked fine.

Dow the road, it would sure be nice to have a way to hold down a key and have the added scenery move up/down without having to click each time. :laugh:

First time through, I inadvertently created a scenery layer that had the same name as an existing one - it created fine and the only way I found out was during my scrolling down to the proper insert point, I came to the item with the same name and P4AO wouldn't scroll past it. Deleted and renamed the addon layer and all was well.

Which brings up another question - is there currently an ability to edit the text of the scenery add on? If I could have changed it w/o deleting and recreating it would be nice.

Anyhow, wanted to compliment you on the status of P4AO so far - saved me a bunch of work.

thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

at first run after install, my first operation was a Backup - in program I browsed to my drive and created a specific folder - threw an exception. Didn't record it but tried again and browsed to the now existing folder - backup worked fine.

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this. I will add an exception handler here.

Dow the road, it would sure be nice to have a way to hold down a key and have the added scenery move up/down without having to click each time.

It has, but the repeat frequency is very low (because it has to refresh the list).

is there currently an ability to edit the text of the scenery add on?

Not yet, but I can add a dialog that allows you to change name and path. The spec recommends that the names should be unique, and P4AO should have prevented this from happening. How did you create that layer exactly?

Best
Oliver

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Not yet, but I can add a dialog that allows you to change name and path. The spec recommends that the names should be unique, and P4AO should have prevented this from happening. How did you create that layer exactly?

Using the Dialog - created a new xml file - named it - browsed to path - named the layer - click save - in main screen - move layer down to proper location - save.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors