Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Vector and land class for v4

I've been waiting to complete world coverage with vector and land class for quite some time, or at least that I can add a decent Africa, next to Europe and America, but it doesnt look like either FTX, nor UTX will come this far anytime soon. And besides that, both promise accurate water features, but the water ways around Schiphol, my home base for the bigger aircraft, are absolutely awful and totally unrealistic. They run crisscross through everything, while those are actually man made to run in between the fields. What other options are there for P3D v3/4 vector and land class, that do cover the whole world (Or at least add a decent Africa, next to Europe and America) and give water features around Amsterdam that are, at least, not a thorn in the eye, every time I fly over it? It doesnt have to be completely realistic, but as some might know, this is one of the messiest places in P3D when it comes to water features and I would like to see it in one form or another, where the water is IN BETWEEN the fields and isnt cutting all the fields in small pieces. I do want everything from one brand/style to keep a uniform feel when flying from area to area.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers!

Maarten

Land class and vector can't achieve this. Each tile is 1km x 1km so getting those waterways to run exactly through fields like you want is not really going to happen. If you need this kind of accuracy you would be better with photo scenery.

29 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Land class and vector can't achieve this. Each tile is 1km x 1km so getting those waterways to run exactly through fields like you want is not really going to happen. If you need this kind of accuracy you would be better with photo scenery.

What I know from photo scenery, is that this are small areas you need to collect from different creators, giving color differences between the different areas. I've also seen hard lines with textures of one season on one side and another season on the other and I'm looking for something that gives at least a realistic/natural feeling to the landscape. I dont know a whole lot about photo scenery, so I'm not dismissing anything right away and I'm going to loo into this, but some advise on what to look at, that can provide a uniform feel, or anything close to it, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Another option would be, creating my own custom land class around Schiphol. Maybe I'm talking crazy here, but would it be possible/doable for someone who is doing this for the first time, to create custom land class, positioning all features manually? And if so, some advise about information to get me started, would be a great bonus. ;)

Cheers!

Maarten

I'm not a photoscenery fan so no idea I'm afraid. Custom landclass isn't a problem, making it fit the way you want it to is. Vector features run in the real world positions. The landclass is only positonable in a 1km x 1km square grid. That's why you see roads running through urban textures etc. The resolution isn't there when you can only position a tile in 1km x 1km grid. 

8 hours ago, Demious said:

What I know from photo scenery, is that this are small areas you need to collect from different creators, giving color differences between the different areas. I've also seen hard lines with textures of one season on one side and another season on the other and I'm looking for something that gives at least a realistic/natural feeling to the landscape. I dont know a whole lot about photo scenery, so I'm not dismissing anything right away and I'm going to loo into this, but some advise on what to look at, that can provide a uniform feel, or anything close to it, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Another option would be, creating my own custom land class around Schiphol. Maybe I'm talking crazy here, but would it be possible/doable for someone who is doing this for the first time, to create custom land class, positioning all features manually? And if so, some advise about information to get me started, would be a great bonus. ;)

If you don't know it already, check out NL2000: https://www.nl-2000.com/

Best regards

LORBY-SI