Phil Chimbolo

TrackIR5 + Chaseplane 0.2.85 Inconsitent connecting

I described this for the developer at FlightSimCon.   The situation persists today.

Since auto-connect rarely (if ever) works with Prepar3D v4, I've tried the following with some success...

- After P3Dv4 is running and in my aircraft, I start TrackIR THEN manually starting Chaseplane

With this arrangement Chaseplane connects to P3D and I can click on the preset views for my aircraft and Chaseplane changes the views.  However, TrackIR randomly begins to work (although it doesn't work far more than it works).  In fact, I have to close Chaseplane and TrackIR several times and restart them in that order under it finally works.

NOTE: TrackIR software DOES indicated that Chaseplane has connected to it though.   So it appears that Chaseplane simply isn't allowing TrackIR's movements to be applied to P3D's view.

I hope this helps solve the problem!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you for reporting this!

there will be a series of fixes for TrackIR in the upcoming build. Let me know after the update if the connection is more consistent.

Keven,

With 0.2.92 it appears that TrackIR and ChasePlane are behaving nicely with P3Dv4.   I've rebooted by sim a number of times, in different aircraft and different locations and I can successfully connect via both auto-connect and manually launching it.   Very good!

Thanks!