Sign in to follow this  
Corpsman

Help New to P2a

I just bought p2a and for some reason the sound for p3d stops when I talk, this does not happen in x-plane 11 or when I was using the trial. The only thing that fixes the sound is restarting the sim and p2a. I was trying to fly the a2a 172 if that helps you at all, also using the flight1 gtn 750 with it. I noticed that p2a does not detect that the transponder is on for the gtn so I do it manually in p2a. 

Also when I try to get clearance p2a takes at least 30 seconds to respond or does not respond at all (this is for x-plane 11 and p3d). For other frequencies ground, center, etc. I usually get a response rather quickly (again both sims.) 

By default, P3D pauses and mutes the audio when you click on any other program.  So when you go to P2A, you loose sound.  X-Plane does not do this.

From your description, you already unchecked the "Pause on task switch" option in the Settings-General Options page.

Now just uncheck the "Mute on Lost Focus" on the Settings-Sound page and restart P3D.  You will then keep hearing the engines when you move the mouse to a different window.

Dave

Thank you Dave that worked. Strange that it did not bring the sound back before after tabbing out. On a side note is it a bug when the atc takes a long time to respond/register what you say? Or is this a cpu problem.

This sometimes happens when other things are going on in the background or if the PC is Memory or CPU constrained.  Usually a scan of some sort or other background task that you wouldn't normally be aware of is causing the problem if the lag is not consistent.

There are a  few complex phrases that might take a while to be recognized, but most are fairly quick.  The response may take a while if it's something like a request for clearance or taxi because a lot has to be figured out before a response can be made.