Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

FS Genesis Mesh

Guest prop

I have been flying the 38m Alaska Mesh from FS Genesis for about 2 months and I absolutely love the detail it has brought to the land.In that time I have flown into almost everything designed for Alaska from 2002 and 2004.Sadly enough, I have found that most of the little camps and little sceneries that have been designed no longer really work. Often, the sceneries will be out in the middle of lakes now, or stuffed into mountains, or appear where there are no lakes.(Which is another anomally that I have noticed since installing the mesh is that "some" little lakes on the maps don't even show up which I thought was the whole point of accurate coverage)Anyway, is this a general problem and just to be expected in the introduction of new mesh new data etc.I love the Mesh, but it is a little sad to have lost so many great sceneries.Darryl

Would this be the case if the TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL setting in the FS9.cfg file were changed from the default value of 19 to something higher?

You also have to keep in mind, most don't use addon mesh and many sceneries are designed with default mesh, so when you do add mesh, you can have issues. Throw in Ultimate Terrain and it gets worse.best thing to do is add a flatten to the scenery area.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest prop

Ah yes... I also have Ultimate Terrain as well...Darryl

You'll find then that a lot of the older little camp and outpost sceneries, like I like to use also, will end up in the water or other places that make them unusable. I uninstalled UT awhile back and that is why i haven't done any scenery in awhile, to many variables that can cause issues.FSX looks to have more accurate coastlines by default, so I'll hopefully start some new scenery them.they should probably add new parameters to the upload process to point out NEEDED files for compatibility to save on hassles.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW