Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Altitude Callout Problem

I have been using the FPDA_Boeing_Callout gauge which works wonderfully well on smaller jets such as the B737.When used on larger craft, such as 747, the callout never gets to 10 before the aircraft has actually touched down. i.e. As I hit the ground it may tell me that I am still at twenty feet.Is there some adjustment I can make to the callout gauge or to the aircraft.cfg that will make the heigth of a large aircraft relate properly to the callout?I thought I saw something on this subject a year or so ago but have not been able to track it down.Any ideas will be appreciated.David "Opa" Marshall

Hi Opa :-),This gauge use the FS RadioAltitude variable for the callouts.Now, in FS, RadioAltitude in FS is the distance "x" (in feet) between the defined aircraft "center" height (specific for each aircraft/model) and the ground surface. The gauge may even have a correction offset built in, but is so, this is for one specific aircraft only (most probably for the 737). Now, since this basic RA ("x") for a 747 is much higher, you obviously get wrong altitude callouts.Since the gauge is a compiled C-code gauge, this cannot be adapted.Alternatively, you could use my GPWS gauge (file rcbgp-33.zip), which also contains these callouts plus a whole lot more.My gauge allows you to modify this "x" offset for each aircraft you use it for.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Thanks Rob -That info is exactly what I was looking for. I did not realize I had read it in your gauge docs.Thanks again.David