Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrtbks

MS2004 Manuals, Documentation, etc...

I know that MS2004 doesn't offer a .pdf manual or other printed guide, lists, etc. Does anyone know of any of these documents, etc. that may be available on the web, this site, from other users?I am a newbie and getting frustrated having to go to the help menu or Alt menu to get a key mappings, etc.Thanks!Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Everything is located in the "fsweb" folder under your fs2004 folder. It is meant to be read from within fs2004, but you can read it externally as well. It is just html that you can open with any web browser.

SCOTT: There is a soft cover book published by Microsoft Game Studios called "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, A Century of Flight". (250pp) I ordered mine from Barnes & Noble not too long after the Sim came out. It was $19.99 at the time. It has a pretty good Appendix including all the key commands and "Tricks" for configuring the sim for good performance, as well as everything you need to know about the default planes such as check lists, procedures, etc. Also tells you how to use the Autopilot, GPS, NDB approaches, IFR etc. etc. etc. Want the autopilot to land the plane for you. It's there. SPOFF

Thanks Tom. I was trying to find something that could be in paper form sitting on my desk next to me...while flying. Thanks.