Sign in to follow this  
hawx2k

VFX Central: Exception: "Can't find parts of the path "D:\FSX\SimObjects"

Hello,

when starting up VFX Central the program closes and the crash report says: Exception: "Can't find parts of the path "D:\FSX\SimObjects" (loose translation from German).

There is no such path in the simobjects.cfg neither in P3D v3 nor v4.

The only way I can get rid of this issue is creating that (empty) subfolder "D:\FSX\SimObjects". 

I had FSX installed before so there might be another simobjects.cfg lingering around on my system, but would appreciate any pointers how to get rid of this issue in a more elegant manner.

I have set VFX Central to only start with P3D v4 currently. So it shouldn't even be checking any FSX-related settings?

Thanks,

Jan

Hi,

You must fix the registry path of your installed sim in VFXCentral, Preferences, Registry Editor and remove or update any path to reflect your real installation.

Regards,

Hi Michael,

many thanks. That did the trick. I'm always a bit reluctant to fiddle with the registry through 3rd party tools, hence I never un-ticked FSX in the registry editor of FSFX. But I trust you know what you are doing, so I did it, and hope it will not have unwanted side effects :). (I don't use FSX any more).

Thanks,

Jan