Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

FPS drop by "Talk to ATC" option

I have my FPS limited to 20 in the sim (P3D 3.4) and I have an average framerate of 19.9 with a variance of less than 1% most of the time.

Lately (since the new PF3 - FO - Option) I noticed a drop of the average FPS down to around 16-17 with a variance of up to 10 % even in cruise. Exiting MCE brought the FPS back to 19.9 with a variance below 1%. Starting MCE again: FPS decrease and variance increase again.

Then I found that just disabling the "Talk to ATC" Option in the MCE UI increases the FPS back to 19.9 with a variance below 1%, whereas activating "Talk to ATC" again leads to a drop of FPS and an increase in variance. I can repeat that every time.

Is that behaviour to be expected or is there something I - or you - can do about it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

17 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I have my FPS limited to 20 in the sim (P3D 3.4) and I have an average framerate of 19.9 with a variance of less than 1% most of the time.

Lately (since the new PF3 - FO - Option) I noticed a drop of the average FPS down to around 16-17 with a variance of up to 10 % even in cruise. Exiting MCE brought the FPS back to 19.9 with a variance below 1%. Starting MCE again: FPS decrease and variance increase again.

Then I found that just disabling the "Talk to ATC" Option in the MCE UI increases the FPS back to 19.9 with a variance below 1%, whereas activating "Talk to ATC" again leads to a drop of FPS and an increase in variance. I can repeat that every time.

Is that behaviour to be expected or is there something I - or you - can do about it?

There is certainly room for improvement. There are quite a few momentary background threads going on in order to simulate that FO behavior.

Just to rule out the captions writing to the file, in "PF3_MCE.ini" set Active=0, and make sure no log is created. Will be posting a new patch this evening.