Sign in to follow this  
jayren

P3D v4 performance WORSE than v3 ! (pure rants)

Frankly, i'm not satisfied with p3d v4 performance. My system is a top-end AlienWare with a 4G i7 and GTX 1070.

After hours of tweaking, there is just no way for me to achieve 30+ fps with a PMDG 777 during take off and landing at a major add on airport.  And this is only with MEDIUM settings like 4xSSAA, NORMAL autogen and meidum autogen load distance, 3d trees off, dynamic lighting off, 20% AI, etc... During a long haul I got 130 FPS in external view but only 27-33 in VC (offensive initials not allowed seriously) and only 18-25 during landing and taking with apparent lag. I know some of you would say smoothness is more important blah blah blah... the thing is even at 27-28 fps, the sim feels laggy, especially when you change view. After all the buzz about v4, all the technological improvement, hundreds of dollar investment, is this sub-optimal result all we deserve?!  

Here is a challenge for you, for all those bragging about their "buttery smooth" sim, can any of you achieve a smooth & 30+ FPS performance during an entire flight with Orbx, addon airport and a PMDG and similar setting? Prove it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

And that attitude will get this locked.

Vic

• Upvote 3