arecee

X-Plane Noob, questions

I purchased X-Plane 11 yesterday, very impressed, but have a couple questions.

1. how to set sky color as default?   I've been mostly using the Orbit selection, but have to tick it every time I start.

2. rudder/yaw.  I'm enjoying the default 172, but I don't have rudder pedals and find it hard to stay on the runway during takeoff.  I end up "exploring" areas where I didn't want to be.  Is there a way to lessen or even disable the p-factor?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Xplane has same slippery runway as FSX wish teh ywill fix it, rudder pedals help but still difficult, apparently it is worse with cross winds. But so nice.

3 hours ago, arecee said:

I purchased X-Plane 11 yesterday, very impressed, but have a couple questions.

1. how to set sky color as default?   I've been mostly using the Orbit selection, but have to tick it every time I start.

2. rudder/yaw.  I'm enjoying the default 172, but I don't have rudder pedals and find it hard to stay on the runway during takeoff.  I end up "exploring" areas where I didn't want to be.  Is there a way to lessen or even disable the p-factor?

1. The sky color selection is not meant to be used for end users, but it's meant for developers to experiment with modified sky colors. What you could do, is go to the "X-Plane 11\Resources\bitmaps\skycolors" folder and overwrite one skycolor texture (e.g. "sky_colors_clean.png" or "sky_colors_mount.png") with another skycolor of your liking (e.g. "sky_colors_orbit.png"). Be advised that X-Plane will ask you if you want to overwrite your modified textures every time you update X-Plane, so you have to tell it not to do that if you want to keep your modified skycolor texture.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Murmur said:

1What you could do, is go to the "X-Plane 11\Resources\bitmaps\skycolors" folder and overwrite one skycolor texture (e.g. "sky_colors_clean.png" or "sky_colors_mount.png") with another skycolor of your liking (e.g. "sky_colors_orbit.png").

Worked great, thank you!!!!!!!!

What I did was copy sky_colors_orbit.png and sky_colors_clean.png and to desktop and renamed "clean" to sky_colors_clean.png.bak and sky_colors_orbit.png to sky_colors_clean.png.  Then copied both back to "Skycolors".