Sign in to follow this  
liamr685

QualityWings Avro RJ No GS Indicator.

Chaps,

Recently, the GS indicator diamond has not been showing up on the PFD on my RJ.
Ive had it show up in the past, and seen it shown in Videos of other RJ users whilst carrying out an ILS landing.

What am I missing, what have i not done? 

Several flights now i carry out successful ILS approaches, but the GS indicator does not show.

20170705152458_1.jpg

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

Let's see how good my guess is.  First guess...109.500 ILS for 33R at Kuwait airport?  Are you running the default FSX airport?   So, is everything else working, just no GS diamonds on the display? If that is the default airport, I did find a very  nice freeware addon for it.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

25 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Let's see how good my guess is.  First guess...109.500 ILS for 33R at Kuwait airport?  Are you running the default FSX airport?   So, is everything else working, just no GS diamonds on the display? If that is the default airport, I did find a very  nice freeware addon for it.

Nope, RWY 01 for FUE/GCFV. Doing a spot of island hopping around the Canaries.

Just the GS indicator. I have had it working in the past. (before i re installed flightsim after a Windows re-install)  When re installing, i used to same installer i kept as a backup, so the model versions are no different between windows & FS installations.

Ive checked youtube, and some people have the GS indicator, and others do not, like myself, and i cant for love nor money work out what i am not doing.

Ive tried programming different approaches in to various airports via Default GPS, or the FMC and carrying them out respectively following the GPS, or LNAV.

Its bugging me, because ILS works fine, perfectly executed approaches and landings, just no GS Indicator. 

**Edit**
Just checked some old screenshots from before my windows and FS re-install...no GS indicator is shown in the shots I took then, so its not a re-install issue.

Theres something im just not doing in the sim.

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

Resolved.

Read the manual again, and re-read it. Now ive found out what it was, i feel like a dunce aha

I kept forgetting to twist one switch aha.

A33CG08.jpg

qTTPHyZ.jpg