Sign in to follow this  
paco-che

Standby power system check

Hello there!

I would like to know if Standby power system check is simulated, if I set the Standby Power switch to BAT (with all buses powered), I don't see BAT DISCH an/or BAT DISCH MAIN message in EICAS An another question 

Another question is the Flight deck access light switch simulated? (upper overhead panel)

Paco

• Upvote 1

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

On 07/07/2017 at 6:03 PM, paco-che said:

I would like to know if Standby power system check is simulated, if I set the Standby Power switch to BAT (with all buses powered), I don't see BAT DISCH an/or BAT DISCH MAIN message in EICAS

It depends on the 744 type, battery configuration and electrical load how soon the messages appear, but it is modelled. I mostly used to work on passenger aircraft (with dual batteries). On these aircraft, normally the loads are sufficient to trigger the messages after only a few seconds. On some aircraft it may be necessary to make a passenger address announcement to add extra load. Current trigger values may be given in some manuals, but the real world messages seem to be based on current and the time that current draw is in effect. e.g. short term high current draws may not trigger the messages, but lower currents over a longer time period will (Anyway, that was how it seemed to be to me).

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

The delays and oddities are probably modeled very well, RSR himself takes care of the electrical design and often complains about how much time it takes to trace each load and light bulb back to the proper source.

Dan Downs KCRP

Some manuals say that it can take up to 3 minutes for the messages to appear, but this is absolutely not the average. It's only a few seconds on average on pax aircraft. From memory, less than 5 seconds. If it took more than 10 seconds, I would start to think something was wrong.

Sorry, I couldn't find any videos.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)