Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

FS9 Real Weather question

I use MS real weather in FS9 and ocassionally I run into this problem: I am on final to an airport with full visibility and WHAM!! I'm suddenly in a white-out weather wise. Can't see a thing, and yet other AI A/C are making visual approaches to the same airport. It's hard to believe that this occures due to an update in the weather program since I have been flying to the airport for about a half houror more. Is this unique to MS Weather? Do the payware weather addons do the same thing? Has anyone else been affected by the same change?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's definately an MS weather thing. ASv6 generally makes it less abrupt. Infact, I've had some amazing flights where I could see the fog banks (clouds placed to show the egdes and ceiling of a fog region) and gradually got enveloped into the lower vis. I don't know about Weather Maker and how it does it though.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach