Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Quick Question about V3 to V4 transition

Folks,

I'm trying to minimize all the inconveniences and other hassles related to V3-V4 transition and my question related to PMDG products is whether it's possible or not to merely copy-and-paste the configuration files and textures' folders for NGX/777/747 once V4 clean install is done.

Thanks

Dmitriy Toropov 

No, you need to use the proper installer for V4 to make PMDG aircrafts work. The DLLs in the gauge folder must be updated to 64bit, so copying the files will not work.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 hour ago, Cargostorm said:

No, you need to use the proper installer for V4 to make PMDG aircrafts work. The DLLs in the gauge folder must be updated to 64bit, so copying the files will not work.

Chris,

I'm not talking about the gauges, rather about configuration files for each livery and simple textures files. I'm not sure that these have something to do with DLL.

Would appreciate if PMDG stuff respond.

Thanks again

DmitriyToropov

8 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Would appreciate if PMDG stuff respond.

Direct support from PMDG is only available from PMDG Product Support via trouble ticket.  This is a user forum, and you are welcome to dismiss help from here, but you will be missing out on a lot of knowledge and experience.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

Direct support from PMDG is only available from PMDG Product Support via trouble ticket.  This is a user forum, and you are welcome to dismiss help from here, but you will be missing out on a lot of knowledge and experience.

Don,

It's not a cry for help per se, rather seeking an opinion for quick workaround (I have literally several dozens of textures). And I'm pretty sure that if I post an official ticket, the response will be "re-create everything from the scratch to avoid possible abnormalities" :-)

Anyway, thank for a tip.

Dmitriy Toropov

In this case you may backup the whole installation and just try if it works.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

They might even be reluctant to support a configuration that was built with a mish-mash of a normal install and copy/pasting of files (should you resort to having to open a trouble ticket).

Although it's more work, I'm setting everything up in the new sim from scratch....otherwise when you hit an odd issue you'll always have that odd feeling in the back of your mind, "Did my manual overwrites cause this issue?".

Mark Trainer