Sign in to follow this  
Jordi108

Access to SIDs & STARs procedures on default GPS

Hello,

I am using Little Navmap Version 1.4.4,  AIRAC 1707 from fsAerodata, and Prepar3D v4 updated.

I create a flight plan including SIDs and STARs with the Little Navmap flawlessly. Once is saved in c:\users\"name"\documents\Prepared3d v4 files\*.pln I load it witht the P3Dv4 Flight planer; but the SIDS and STARs does not appear. Not in the P3D flight plan, neither in the default GPS. Is it normal? can be done something to fix this? or, these procedures cannot be accesed by the default P3dv4 GPS?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jordi

If the various  waypoints in the SID and STAR are not in the P3d default database, the flight plan will not show them. Since you already have a Navigraph  subscription, for a small additional cost you can buy a subscription  to fsaerodata which updates and maintains (via Navigraph) the entire P3d nav database for all default  airports.

The other option is to only fly between 3rd party  airports that are up to date with AIRAC  1707.

fsaerodata...

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

Hello Jabloomf,

I already have a FsAerodata 3 months susbcription. When I check the P3dv4 in the FsAerodata Configuration Tool says:

FLIGHT SIMULATOR NAVIGATION DATABASE: UPDATED

Cycle installed: 1707
Valid from: 22/JUN/2017
To: 19/JUL/2017
Next cycle: 1708 20/JUL/2017

So, I think the P3Dv4 navdata is updated.

Ugh, that's what I get trying to read posts on the AVSim mobile version. I'm not having this issue, so let's see if we can figure out what's going on at your end. First, are the three fsaerodata BGL files at the top of your scenery list in P3d V4?

Second, open the specific PLN file that you created with LNM using a text editor. I use Notepad++ because it reads XML formatted files with syntax checking, but plain old Notepad will work. Are the waypoints in the PLN file? If the answer to both those questions is "yes" then we'll move on to something more detailed.

Hi Jordi,

20 hours ago, Jordi108 said:

I create a flight plan including SIDs and STARs with the Little Navmap flawlessly. Once is saved in c:\users\"name"\documents\Prepared3d v4 files\*.pln I load it witht the P3Dv4 Flight planer; but the SIDS and STARs does not appear. Not in the P3D flight plan, neither in the default GPS. Is it normal?

not sure what you mean by SIDs and STARs do not appear, but the waypoints of SIDs, STARs, approaches and transitions are not stored with the flight plan because FSX or P3D do not support this. You will see only en route waypoints in the PLN file. You have to select the procedures manually in the GPS, FMC or whatever your aircraft has.

I think you also have to replace the GPS in P3D to see SIDs and STARs in the sim. See in the fsAerodata forum here.

Alex

Alex, 

Normally, if one wants to fly a SID or STAR, the only waypoints  that the sim itself is concerned with are the transition  waypoints and the GPS takes care of the individual waypoints  in both the departure and arrival. But I was under the impression  that the OP created a full flight plan using the individual  waypoints in both his SID and STAR. Maybe not.

Jay

Hello,

-In the scenery library of the P3Dv4, I have FSAD_Approches1, FSAD_Approches and FSAD_Navaids

-In the flightplan (*.pln) created with Little Navmap, after the tag <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>  I see only the departure airport, the route waypoints and the destination airport (not the  SIDs, STARs, approaches or transitions).

Then, as Alex says, the SIDs, STARs, approaches or transitions are not stored in the flightplan. This means that I have to select manually the procedures manually in the default GPS. I will have a look at the fsAerodata forum.

Jordi

Yes, if you add the waypoints that make up either the SID or STAR manually, they will show up in the P3d flight plan display. There is really no point in doing so, as long as your aircraft has a GPS gauge that can load the SID and STAR directly.

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

here is really no point in doing so, as long as your aircraft has a GPS gauge that can load the SID and STAR directly.

Absolutely correct. Even more since the flight simulator cannot make up all the loops, holds, hooks, bows and whatever is displayed from a list of waypoints.

The PLN file contains an embedded XML comment like shown below to allow LNM (and only LNM) to rebuild the flight plan including procedures:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <!-- LNMDATA
         _lnm=Created by Little Navmap Version 1.3.1.devel (revision 40e8580) on Donnerstag, 16. März 2017 12:34:15 CET|
         approach=FI05|
         approachdistance=11.3|
         approachsize=6|
         approachsuffix=|
         approachtype=ILS|
         sidappr=LUS1B|
         sidapprdistance=0.0|
         sidapprsize=0|
         sidtrans=LUSIV|
         sidtransdistance=24.1|
         sidtranssize=5|
         speed=120