Hello everyone,

yesterday I received an ASUS Dual GTX1060 6G that I had on order. This would replace my faulty MSI GTX970. I had done research and this GTX1060 is supposed to be better than my 970.

I install the card and install all the up to date drivers etc... Then I restart and load up p3d, I loaded up the NGX at Gatwick with UK2000, FTX England, REX soft clouds, REX4 textures and AS16. I am only getting 4-15FPS. Previously with my 970 in this situation I would be getting 30-40fps. I turned some settings down, now I get 5-20fps but it varies massively so it would go 20 then down to 8 so it is stuttering all the time. I then turned everything all the way down I am still getting the same result. I then did a few tweaks to see if something might change still nothing. So I then loaded up the Q400 at ESSA just to see if it could of been an issue with EGKK or something but no still same result.

This isn't just p3d though, I load up Eurotruck Sim to see if I am getting FPS drop on their and I am previously with my 970 I would get 60-100fps on ultra settings but now I am getting 15-20 fps.

I go on youtube and find someone with exact same pc specs as me testing their p3d and they arent having the same issue I am.

Please help!

Specs:

Intel i5 4690K 3.5ghz quadcore CPU,   ASUS DUAL GTX1060 6G 6GB,   8GB RAM,  Windows 7 64bit.

rebuild p3d.cfg and p3d shader cache

p.s. this shaders:

5 hours ago, heathrowspotter said:

Please help!

Did you FULLY uninstall the previous NVIDIA drivers before you installed your new card?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have solved the issue now. What happened was the default power setting for nvidia cards is set to power saving so I went into nvidia control panel and changed the power setting to prefer max performance now it works like a dream