Sign in to follow this  
flyaway719

Complete reinstall of PD3-V4

After the NGX came out and I installed it I kept having a lot of issues, drop in fps pd3 failing to start CTD just different things going on. I finally gave up and uninstalled everything with PD3 v4 and formatted the D:/ drive. It may of bin a windows 10 issue which I call windows vista 1.0 (LOL): But anyways at the time I had PD3 on its own drive with the path set as D/microsoft games/ Lockheed martin/. And when Prepar3d came out with there hotfix I just updated the client, which may have been the problem. But anyways did a complete reinstall. This time I set the path as just D:/ and did all the orbx, fsdreamteam, flightbeam, basically all the ground scenery first then the AS16for pd3v4, then ASCA, restarting flight sim after each install. Then I installed PMDG747/and NGX restarting after each install of planes I did not add any paints until starting pd3 with just the basic plane first. At this point I am at almost at full settings in prepar. I have had no issues with anything and I am holding 28 to 33 fps on ground and in a thunderstorm. Not sure if this helps anyone but it worked for my setup. ASUS maximus v formula/ 3770k at 4.6 liquid cooled/ g-skill trident 2400mhz/ evga 1060 6gb at 1800mhz. 32gb. windows 10 pro.      

Hi Steve,

I find that I have to do the same  procedure a couple times a year.  I also install to where the developer pointed it to, we are no longer dealing with an old obsolete simulator.

Jerry Friz