Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

Biggest FPS Hit in Vector

I just downloaded vector for V4.  With VAS no longer an issue, which settings impact performance the most?  As expected, I took a bit of a performance hit compared to UTX and I'm trying to figure out which settings are my best bet to regain some of the lost FPS.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never really noticed a frame hit. but I haven't had UTX installed for about 4 years, so can't compare.  on my own install I have never had the smallest roads and streets activated (in UTX as well, when I used that) for one thing, it looks terrible with the textures and autogen, and also is the thing that used the most VAS.  I usually run with major roads only, and of course all the coastlines, lakes etc... 

especially if you have road traffic on, more roads means more cars and trucks for your system to process.  only thing that sometimes ruins the immersion is that there will be some highway interchanges that don't have the smaller connecting roads "hooked in".

I run road traffic at about 20%. Idk if it's true or I've just never noticed it before with utx but I notice cars on many more roads with vector. Cars also cause more of a performance hit when enabled vs utx. When cars are off my performance is great. I had a good setup with utx with cars so I just need to find the balance with vector.