backstop

690Bravo Initial Impressions

I've had them all over the decades though have been waiting since I was a fetus for a visually stunning Turbo Commander ~ One that actually, does what it's supposed to do; with true, HD textures on top of it all. While at work up on the face of a skyscraper in Seattle yesterday, I received an alert (just as each of you Rockwell nuts did) from Carenado via email regarding the release of the LONG anticipated 690B. I wiped my drive last night just to give this aircraft its full due on day one of release. It is, stunning, indeed. I can smell the coffee and leather.

Carenado got the lines just right and the polished aluminum on those Garretts makes me smile. I only wish the Beech A36 were updated to 4K, HD textures. In any case, I drove the TurboShrike on a four hour AFAM (aircraft familiarization) flight last night. I have but one maintenance gripe:

GTN750 Integration. offensive initials not allowed???

What an insanely, OVERLY COMPLICATED, long, drawn-out, process of installing the G750 into the 690B.

What, 241 different PDF files to sift through in addition to various, READMES, and various executables??

After spending the better part of a Sunday attempting to bring my 690 up to spec, I am at a loss.

Have you successfully installed the GTN750 into the 690B?

Would you care to elaborate on your STEP by STEP procedure?

STEP by STEP, please.

Carenado/Flight1: get this integration hammered out, one or two clicks. Maybe three.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1.  Run the "F1GTN750690B.exe" file included in the "Carenado_690B Turbo Commander" folder.

2.  Copy an "F1GTN.ini" file from another airplane to the "Carenado_690B Turbo Commander" folder.  (Not necessary if you're OK with the one the installer makes for you.)

3.  Copy an "FIGTNSTACK.ini" file from another airplane into the panel folder.  (Not necessary if you're OK with the one the installer makes for you.)

4.  Go flying. 

Interesting.

I'm not finding the exe at all yet it seems I've got a good, clean install.