Sign in to follow this  
jackralston

FS9 Aerosoft Madrid CTD on approach

Whilst on approach to Madrid I seem to get a sudden CTD. Always happens when relatively close to the airport so makes me think some kind of landclass/mesh issue? I do have FSGlobal2010 installed and OSM World W Europe. The instance I just had was a southerly heading on the ORBIS1C arrival for 32L, just NW of the field at the time. It happens at various times of the day too. Not an AI issue as I have checked each folder extensively. 

Any ideas? I believe this has happened to people before at Madrid.

Cheers

EDIT: Doesn't happen when loading up at the airport, only when on approach into Madrid Barajas

Is there a crash report or Event Viewer report?  FS9 is a 32 bit program so it only gets up to 4GB's of virtual address space if a 64 bit operating system is installed.  Like FSX, you could be getting out of memory errors because you ran out of virtual address space.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide.  Although for FSX and P3D, most of the suggestions also apply to FS9 users.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 7/17/2017 at 6:15 PM, Jim Young said:

Is there a crash report or Event Viewer report?  FS9 is a 32 bit program so it only gets up to 4GB's of virtual address space if a 64 bit operating system is installed.  Like FSX, you could be getting out of memory errors because you ran out of virtual address space.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide.  Although for FSX and P3D, most of the suggestions also apply to FS9 users.

Best regards,

Jim

Downloaded a scenery.cfg checker program, found a few conflictions but all that was sorted. Unfortunately the screen just keeps going blank and says FS9 needs to close and then tries to restart. Never brings up a report. Any programs you recommend for getting it? Never getting any out of memory errors. Seems to be some confliction between UT Europe and FSGlobal2010? 

Happens when in descent towards Madrid, varying inbound direction, time of day, very strange!

Descent into an airport is when resources get to the critical point as you used a lot to get there and now you are landing at perhaps an eye-candy airport.  All I can say is this is what happens with FSX users.  You are the first FS9 user that has reported this problem.  You might want to post in the FS9 Forum and see if any of our members there have seen this problem.  They can also tell you whether UT Europe and/or FSGlobal2010 have issues with FS9.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10