Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjed

No airplane skins

7 posts in this topic

I'm new to xp11 and trying to track down a problem I've been having. I hope someone else has come across it and might know what's causing it. I have the latest XP11, latest windows 10, Nvidia 780 TI and Intel 6600K with 16mg memory. All up to date drivers. My problem is everything works fine in XP11 but I installed X-Life demo to see if I could use it but when I installed the Bluebell models I only got grey models with no skins (liveries). I uninstalled it and just figured that x-life wasn't ready for xp11 just yet. But now I've added the New plugin (beta) BetterPushBack and again I'm getting a grey pushback tow. Something is interfering with the skins files and I don't know what it is. I've searched but it doesn't appear as if anyone else has the same problem. I even contacted the developer of x-life and he said he hadn't seen it before. I'm hoping someone's run across it and can help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 hours ago, sjed said:

I'm new to xp11 and trying to track down a problem I've been having. I hope someone else has come across it and might know what's causing it. I have the latest XP11, latest windows 10, Nvidia 780 TI and Intel 6600K with 16mg memory. All up to date drivers. My problem is everything works fine in XP11 but I installed X-Life demo to see if I could use it but when I installed the Bluebell models I only got grey models with no skins (liveries). I uninstalled it and just figured that x-life wasn't ready for xp11 just yet. But now I've added the New plugin (beta) BetterPushBack and again I'm getting a grey pushback tow. Something is interfering with the skins files and I don't know what it is. I've searched but it doesn't appear as if anyone else has the same problem. I even contacted the developer of x-life and he said he hadn't seen it before. I'm hoping someone's run across it and can help.

Best thing to do is to install a second copy of XP-11 with no addons, and then add your addons one by one followed by a boot, to see where the conflict is. I had to do that last night becuase XP kept crashing with no explanation in the log file.

I'll give it a try but because no one else has the problem, I think it's probably my system, video card, anti virus or something like that. There are thousands of people with xplane 11 and the very few addons that I have so I don't think it could be that.

1 hour ago, sjed said:

I'll give it a try but because no one else has the problem, I think it's probably my system, video card, anti virus or something like that. There are thousands of people with xplane 11 and the very few addons that I have so I don't think it could be that.

Maybe try a different driver then.

Strider1, thank you, thank you, thank you.  That is an EXCELLENT method of troubleshooting xplane. I found the culprit and everything is working as it should. Thank you again.

6 hours ago, sjed said:

Strider1, thank you, thank you, thank you.  That is an EXCELLENT method of troubleshooting xplane. I found the culprit and everything is working as it should. Thank you again.

Cool, glad it worked out ! It's like troubleshooting a electrical circuit, you need to start from point A and work your way to point Z, while isolating the circuit as much as possible.

What was the culprit ?

Turned out to be x-life and how I installed it. I'm not using it now because it seems to take too much in resources. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0