Sign in to follow this  
tasev1

Download difficulty - network error

Has anyone been experiencing difficulty downloading PMDG files off PMDG's servers?  Each time I try to get an update, the download slows to nothing before getting a download failed - network error message.  Then I have to resume download and do this several times over before I actually have the complete file.  It's quite irritating!

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

29 minutes ago, tasev1 said:

Has anyone been experiencing difficulty downloading PMDG files off PMDG's servers?  Each time I try to get an update, the download slows to nothing before getting a download failed - network error message.  Then I have to resume download and do this several times over before I actually have the complete file.  It's quite irritating!

Sounds like a local or browser issue. We distribute via Amazon AWS, so it should be reasonably fast around the world.

Kyle Rodgers

32 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds like a local or browser issue. We distribute via Amazon AWS, so it should be reasonably fast around the world.

Ok, I'll take a closer look.  I'm using Chrome, and I haven't had any issues with other downloads that I have had recently outside of PMDG.  Perhaps I'll try Edge.

Edit: Edge gave me the same problem.  No issues streaming movies, downloading from other sites (recently got another aircraft for XP11), nor other download programs. And that is despite being on a house WiFi in the basement.

Edited by tasev1
add info

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

6 minutes ago, tasev1 said:

Edit: Edge gave me the same problem.  No issues streaming movies, downloading from other sites (recently got another aircraft for XP11), nor other download programs.

Unless they have the same net path and same signature as we do to your AV scanner and the like, it's apples and oranges. What AV are you running?

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Unless they have the same net path and same signature as we do to your AV scanner and the like, it's apples and oranges. What AV are you running?

Nothing beyond what comes with Win10

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

Don't know if it helps... I had exactly the same symptoms. Thought it strange as it was with PMDG downloads only and I don't recall previously having this problem.  I was able to download to another device using the same network connection without any problem, which led me to think the problem was with my PC, not my router or the servers.

I tried updating my PC's network adapter drivers. Windows found some updated ones online, downloaded and installed them. PMDG downloads have been fine since. Might be worth a try?

It must be my landlord router, which I can't do much about. Tried downloading on my phone via the same WiFi and the problem persists. I was only able to download to my phone via the LTE cell network. Download to my phone, then hook it up to my computer and transfer via USB. 

What a pain! 

Sacha 

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png