Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Aerosoft sceneries generate unhandled exception error

Hi Oliver,

I'm running v1.04 of Addon Organizer. I've installed several Aerosoft sceneries that have been updated for P3D v4. I've followed the install directions provided by the installers. These sceneries appear in the scenery.cfg and are light green in the Scenery tab of Addon Organizer. If I highlight any of these sceneries and then press the "Edit scenery" button, I get a window that says there's been an "unhandled exception." This only happens with Aerosoft sceneries. All other scenery entries can be edited. All these uneditable Aerosoft sceneries are installed by default into an Aerosoft folder inn Ecosystem folder in the main P3D v4 folder.

At the moment I have no need to edit these sceneries. But I did notice this error and thought I'd pass it on to you. Below is the full text of the Details provided in the error window.

Robert

Text of Details of Error Message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.EditScenery..ctor(SceneryElement toEdit)
   at P3DV4AddonOrganizer.MainDialog.bEditScenery_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

(cut)

Hello Robert,

many thanks for the heads up - the issue will be corrected in 1.05. I am thinking about a feature to move a scenery definition from the cfg into an xml and back and want to implement this before releasing the next version, but it wont be too long I hope.

Btw. this error should happen with all sceneries that are in the scenery.cfg.

Best regards

LORBY-SI