Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

P3Dv4 niggles, CMeteo

Installed the new compatible version into P3DV4, works well (so far) but throws up quite a few contenterrors :(

Some sloppy changes to the CFG files, missing INOP images in the gauges, bad code in the GPS XML and most seriously 

Error loading ".\CMeteoXml.dll." in "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.xml."

Looks like it installed both 32 and 64 bit versions of CMeteo but put the wrong one into dll.xml

I've edited dll.xml to use the 64bit version, will see what that does.

I know cmeteo drives the weather radar, does it do anything else?
Seem to remember it has a validation role too...

Since installing the Aztec I've had an instance of the sim time slipping forward 6 hours, don't know if its related...

Cheers
Keith

25 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

CMeteo

Hello Keith

Disabling the CMeteo entry in your dll.xml file is the first thing you would do if Prepar3D ever failed to launch,   This entry was problematic in v3,  I have not heard much feedback good or bad about this in v4 yet  

Disabling the CMeteo entry in your dll.xml file is the first thing you would do if Prepar3D ever failed to launch,

Thanks Poppet...never had that problem (but I've skipped from V2 to V4 :) ) will see what happens with the correct 64bit DLL, but be prepar3d to suppress it...

Cheers
Keith