Roadrunner2131

No sids or stars

4 posts in this topic

Hi Alex,

I love what your doing with Little Navmap its a great program. The problem I'm having though is no sids or stars are showing in the procedure tab, just approaches with the "All Runways" drop down box is there. I have an active subscription to both fsAerodata and Navigraph. The fsAerodata configuration tool reports that my FSX:SE database is updated and installed. I also see the fsAerodata directory in my documents being scanned by LNM when loading the scenery library.

Ive also noticed that when LNM finishes scanning it shows 214372 waypoints, but if I close the box and open load scenery library again it shows 166380 waypoints. A few other numbers changed to, so I'm not sure whats happening there. To my understanding I should be able to see sids and stars when planning a route, so it must be something I have set up wrong or I missed something.

Thanks

Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Hi Jeff,

18 hours ago, Roadrunner2131 said:

Ive also noticed that when LNM finishes scanning it shows 214372 waypoints, but if I close the box and open load scenery library again it shows 166380 waypoints.

Add-on scenery sometimes comes with unwanted navaids that overlap with stock data. Therefore I remove duplicate navaids after loading. That is the reason for this discrepancy.

18 hours ago, Roadrunner2131 said:

The problem I'm having though is no sids or stars are showing in the procedure tab,

You need P3D to see the SIDs and STARs in the simulator. fsAerodata does not install them in the scenery for FSX or FSXSE because these simulators can not deal with them.

There is a trick to show them at least in Little Navmap: 

Create a copy of your scenery.cfg and change the fsAerodata paths in this copy to look like:

[Area.199]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=198
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.200]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Layer=199
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.201]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\.....\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Layer=200
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Basically you point all paths to the Prepar3D scenery data. The three sections have to be at the end of the file and also do not forget to adjust the layer numbers.

Then change the path in LNM's scenery loading dialog to use your copied scenery.cfg and reload the database. The SIDs and STARs should show up without restart.

Edit: It can happen that you see duplicate navaids like VORTACs overlapping with VORs and other artifacts but flight planning is not affected.

Alex

Edited by albar965
Note for artifacts.

Hi Alex,

Creating a copy of my scenery file with the PSD entry's did the trick, I can now see sids and stars when planning a route.

18 hours ago, albar965 said:

Add-on scenery sometimes comes with unwanted navaids that overlap with stock data. Therefore I remove duplicate navaids after loading. That is the reason for this discrepancy.

I don't use any add-on scenery except for FreeMeshX, but I assume fsAerodata would also cause this discrepancy. With the P3d files loaded I now see 185603 waypoints does that sound about right?

Thank you for the support and the great program, I look forward to see what other features you add.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

the number of waypoints is ok. I have 184175 on my test system here. This also uses the fsAerodata update but the number also depends on add-ons, simulator type and more.

Alex