Sign in to follow this  
Jumbowings

747 QOTS2 Vref Speeds

Hi

I think maybe I am just overlooking or repeating  a config error of  some sort

Every time I configure a flight and I look at the Approach config the Vref speeds look very high 180/190 kts for landing of course this is causing an issue.

Last time was coming Manchester EGCC . I use PFPX.

Its the first time I have noticed this since moving from the NGX 737

Any ideas guys

Carl Brown

Is PFPX telling you on the flight plan that's what the VREF speed will be or is that what the aircraft is telling you based on your GW and flap settings?

If PFPX is telling you that, do you have the profile configured for maximum landing weight perhaps - and if so, which flap settings?

At the moment I cannot verify the PFPX side for you

Within the FMC Approach settings GW and flap settings

flap 20 = 180

flap 30 = 190

I am just wondering whether I am just not configuring correctly?

52 minutes ago, Jumbowings said:

At the moment I cannot verify the PFPX side for you

Within the FMC Approach settings GW and flap settings

flap 20 = 180

flap 30 = 190

I am just wondering whether I am just not configuring correctly?

I guess you have the numbers the wrong way around here, you should be at a lower approach speed with a higher flap setting.  But still, the numbers look way high.

I'd also suggest ensuring  you are not inserting LBS weight figures into a KG configured FMC (just as a double check) - you can see which way you have the FMC configured in the PMDG Settings options on the Options or Display (can't remember which) LSK

cheers

erich

Sounds very high, out of curiosity what were your v1 vr v2 numbers for those flights?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

And please tell us the Takeoff GW, Landing weight etc. :-) Will help us here. Do you use / have TOPCAT?

V2 of 180 isn't that unusual.  I find i max out at vr 170 and v2 180.

Having said that vref should normally (always?) be lower than vr and v2 so something odd is definitely up

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Sorry I have not had chance to  get back on the sim, however I will be looking at my problem this coming weekend.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1