Sign in to follow this  
tavorissimo

737NGX P3DV3

4 hours ago, Glynn said:

but in order to get the scenery and content updated would require a full reinstall of all my addons

Installing the new content shouldn't cause you to have to reinstall any addons. It's as simple as installing the client. You probably do need to update the content if you run any simconnect windows such as GSX or ProATC. I believe a change between 3.2 and 3.3 caused an issue that required updating. The scenery updates between 3.2 and 3.4, on the other hand  are so insignificant that going through the hassle of updating is not worth it. In my case, between 3.0 and 3.4, I only ever updated the client and only that one time did I update the content. I never touched the scenery, so I was never forced to reinstall any addons.

This is of course based on my own personal experience. There may be other addons I don't have that may be otherwise affected.

Walter Meier

23 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm still confused here. v3.4 is a free upgrade. Simply update your sim to 3.4 using the client installer from Lockheed Martin.

H Kyle,I just updated the Client and I was able to download and install the 737NGX but it only starts if I open P3DV3 as an administrator and I insert the license number provided with the purchase of the PMDG product. How can I overcome this bother?

28 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

only starts if I open P3DV3 as an administrator

You should always start as admin.

28 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

and I insert the license number provided with the purchase of the PMDG product. How can I overcome this bother?

So it continually asks for a license number? And it's accepted each time or error?

1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

You should always start as admin.

So it continually asks for a license number? And it's accepted each time or error?

Yes it continually ask for a license number and it's accepted each time! I never start as admin!

Roberto

3 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

Yes it continually ask for a license number and it's accepted each time!

I remember seeing this before but can't remember what the solution was in the end. Definitely search the forum, it wasn't too long ago.

3 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

I never start as admin!

Lesson learned, always start as admin. 

2 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I remember seeing this before but can't remember what the solution was in the end. Definitely search the forum, it wasn't too long ago.

Lesson learned, always start as admin. 

Learned the lesson!!