tavorissimo

737NGX P3DV3

Recommended Posts

I just purchased 737 NGX base package for P3DV3 and V4 from the PMDG site but at launch he asks to make an update of my simulator. I have P3DV3.1.2. Because? What can I do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

I just purchased 737 NGX base package for P3DV3 and V4 from the PMDG site but at launch he asks to make an update of my simulator. I have P3DV3.1.2. Because? What can I do?

Welcome to the forums.

Exactly what the sim says, update your P3D installation. I think it requires v3.4 or above.

FYI - PMDG requires you sign all posts with your full name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

Ask for generic update!

I'm not sure what you mean here. In order to update your sim, you'll need to download the update from Lockheed Martin in your account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Kyle, what he means is that he bought the NGX under the assumption that it is for any P3Dv3.x whereas the latest update will only install on v3.4 as I have also discovered.

The PMDG sales and downloads pages probably needs editing to make this clearer as at the moment it only states "for V3"

Glyn Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Isn't the update from v3.x to v3.4 free?

It is but I recall on another thread a user did not want to run the latest v3 update as they experienced worse performance and more OOMs when they tried it before, so were sticking to an earlier version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

It is but I recall on another thread a user did not want to run the latest v3 update as they experienced worse performance and more OOMs when they tried it before, so were sticking to an earlier version.

Given the superior handling of VAS in 3.4 I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tavorissimo said:

If so I bought the 737NGX for nothing! For wrong PMDG informations!!

I'm still confused here. v3.4 is a free upgrade. Simply update your sim to 3.4 using the client installer from Lockheed Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Isn't the update from v3.x to v3.4 free?

Kyle, odd as it may seem some folk prefer v3.2 for quite a few reasons and do not wish to upset a well running Sim.

The sales page is not clear that only the latest version of P3D is supported. I have updated to 3.4 using the client only installer just to get the latest NGX version, but in order to get the scenery and content updated would require a full reinstall of all my addons,  not really got the time for that at the moment unfortunatly.

 

glyn jones

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glynn said:

Kyle, odd as it may seem some folk prefer v3.2 for quite a few reasons and do not wish to upset a well running Sim.

Given the community response, I find this very hard to believe - 3.4 offered better stability and VAS handling improvements.

I cannot think of a single reason anyone would want to be on v3.2.

3 minutes ago, Glynn said:

The sales page is not clear that only the latest version of P3D is supported. I have updated to 3.4 using the client only installer just to get the latest NGX version, but in order to get the scenery and content updated would require a full reinstall of all my addons,  not really got the time for that at the moment unfortunatly.

While it's true that v3.4 has a full installer option that contains scenery and content, that has zero bearing on our product.

If you wanted to keep v3.2 as a sim, you would not have any of the v3.4 scenery/content that got updated.
Therefore:
If you updated your client to v3.4 alone, you would still not have any of the v3.4 scenery/content that got updated either.

You're simply updating the client, while keeping all of the rest of the assets as v3.2. You gain the ability to use the NGX, and the massive improvements that came with v3.4 (stability, and VAS handling), with a quick switch of the client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glynn said:

but in order to get the scenery and content updated would require a full reinstall of all my addons

Installing the new content shouldn't cause you to have to reinstall any addons. It's as simple as installing the client. You probably do need to update the content if you run any simconnect windows such as GSX or ProATC. I believe a change between 3.2 and 3.3 caused an issue that required updating. The scenery updates between 3.2 and 3.4, on the other hand  are so insignificant that going through the hassle of updating is not worth it. In my case, between 3.0 and 3.4, I only ever updated the client and only that one time did I update the content. I never touched the scenery, so I was never forced to reinstall any addons.

This is of course based on my own personal experience. There may be other addons I don't have that may be otherwise affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm still confused here. v3.4 is a free upgrade. Simply update your sim to 3.4 using the client installer from Lockheed Martin.

H Kyle,I just updated the Client and I was able to download and install the 737NGX but it only starts if I open P3DV3 as an administrator and I insert the license number provided with the purchase of the PMDG product. How can I overcome this bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

only starts if I open P3DV3 as an administrator

You should always start as admin.

28 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

and I insert the license number provided with the purchase of the PMDG product. How can I overcome this bother?

So it continually asks for a license number? And it's accepted each time or error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PMDG777 said:

You should always start as admin.

So it continually asks for a license number? And it's accepted each time or error?

Yes it continually ask for a license number and it's accepted each time! I never start as admin!

Roberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

Yes it continually ask for a license number and it's accepted each time!

I remember seeing this before but can't remember what the solution was in the end. Definitely search the forum, it wasn't too long ago.

3 minutes ago, tavorissimo said:

I never start as admin!

Lesson learned, always start as admin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I remember seeing this before but can't remember what the solution was in the end. Definitely search the forum, it wasn't too long ago.

Lesson learned, always start as admin. 

Learned the lesson!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now