Sign in to follow this  
VBV109

LINDA functioning with VRInsight MCP combo for PMDG in P3d v4

Hi there,

Probably I am not the only (nor the first) one, who asks it, but can anyone tell me, when (or if already) we can use our VRInsight MCPcombo v2 with LINDA on our PMDG-Boeings? I really am looking forward to, because it is quite difficult to figure out, how we have to cope with the mouse. Hopefully, this will be available soon. Unfortunately, I am not good in programming, otherwise I could have give it a try.

Kind regards,

Stefan.

I always fly with my mcpcombo1 with linda and 737 without any problem!

It's really easy!

Miguel Leandro

Hi Stefan

All VRI Combo MCP panels (original MCP1, MCP2 Boeing and MCP2a Airbus) will work with the latest LINDA 3.0.1 with FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3 (all 32-bit) and P3Dv4 64-bit flight simulators with all aircraft modules including PMDG Boeings.

You only need to ensure that you use the correct module function assignments to the MCP buttons and knobs. In most cases, default configurations for each MCP type are contained in the config-mcpX.default file. Make sure you download the latest module for the aircraft you are using.

If you do not get the default assignments, delete the existing config-mcpX.lua file and restart LINDA. This will copy the available default settings into a new config-mcpX.lua file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

On 3-8-2017 at 1:13 PM, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Stefan

All VRI Combo MCP panels (original MCP1, MCP2 Boeing and MCP2a Airbus) will work with the latest LINDA 3.0.1 with FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3 (all 32-bit) and P3Dv4 64-bit flight simulators with all aircraft modules including PMDG Boeings.

You only need to ensure that you use the correct module function assignments to the MCP buttons and knobs. In most cases, default configurations for each MCP type are contained in the config-mcpX.default file. Make sure you download the latest module for the aircraft you are using.

If you do not get the default assignments, delete the existing config-mcpX.lua file and restart LINDA. This will copy the available default settings into a new config-mcpX.lua file.

I get everything, but my MCP-combo v2 still is not functioning. :'(

1 minute ago, VBV109 said:

I get everything, but my MCP-combo v2 still is not functioning. :'(

Hi VBV109

Please follow the diagnosis thread above and send me the fsuipc5.log, linda2.log and your aircraft's config-mcps.lua files. This will allow me to help you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

Sorry, it took a while, but I am so busy. I try to send you the correct files now. Hopefully you can help me. unfortunately, I can not send the files as zip, nor txt-files, so I have to "write" everything down. So, I do below. By the way... It is a very long list. :ohmy:

Kind regards,

Stefan (VBV109)

***** LOGS DELETED TO AID READABILITY - Next time email all logs to Linda @ awginfosys.net. - Copies taken for analysis. *******

I know, it is a long list, but I do hope that you can help me get it to work again. I just love LINDA (not the girl, but the module :D )

Kind regards,

Stefan van Goch (VBV109)

Edited by ScotFlieger
Pasted logs removed

Hi Stefan

Looking at the fsuipc5.log and config-mcp2.lua files you posted (now deleted) I can see a few things that not right.

1. It is not advisable to start P3Dv4 with PMDG777 set as your initial aircraft. You should first load a default aircraft like F22 or B58. This is because once you load sophisticated aircraft like PMDG it is difficult to move to another one and can crash P3D.
  2. I can see that your MCP2 is being detected on COM3.
  3. LINDA is not indicating that is loading correctly or completing its start up. I am not seeing it controlling anything. Please turn on LINDA Verbose logging (Setup LINDA) as per the Fault Diagnosis thread instruction? Try restarting LINDA using CTRL+ALT+R. Have you any joysticks configured in LINDA? If so operate a few buttons so I can see the logging.
  4. FSUIPC5 is reporting an exception error for your SPOILERS ARMED. If you can set SPOILERS to UNARMED it would help reduce the excess logging.
  5. I recommend you install the latest LINDA version 3.0.2.
  6. Please email me the logs (don't post) to Linda @ awginfosys.net again.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I did install the newest version of LINDA, but now I do not get anything on my MCP-combo. Also do I get following errors:

3707847 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] System Configuration files loaded
  3708112 *** LUA Error: ...eed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda/system/init.lua:146: module 'linda/libs/._lib-ATC' not found:
    no field package.preload['linda/libs/._lib-ATC']linda/libs/._lib-ATC
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\linda/libs/\_lib-ATC.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\linda/libs/\_lib-ATC\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\linda/libs/\_lib-ATC.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\linda/libs/\_lib-ATC\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\linda/libs/\_lib-ATC.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\loadall.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\linda/libs/.dll'
    no file 'C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\modules\lua\loadall.dll'

I have the newest FSUIPC installed and all those files are on my harddisc, in the particular directories. Very strange...

Kind regards,

Stefan.

Hi Stefan

The error you have extracted is occurring in LINDA initialisation where init.lua searches and loads the various library files from \modules\linda\libs\. This is crashing LINDA LUA and therefore nothing will work. It have nothing to do with MCP - LINDA is just not working.

I have checked the download for LINDA 3.0.2 and the lib-ATC.lua is present. There is no '._' prefix and have not seen before the additional logging lines of "no field" or "no file". What additional logging do you have switched on.

As a quick fix, remove the lib-ATC.lua file. Additionally, I think you should start from scratch.  Make a backup and your linda and linda-cfg folder and delete them. Then reinstall LINDA 3.0.2 and any aircraft modules. You will lose any assignments but these can be copied from the backup.

I will need you to send a full fsuipcX.log to diagnose probably. Please follow my guidance above and in the fault diagnosis thread. You are not helping me to help you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi ScotFlieger,

As far as I can see, you did help a lot by mentioning to delete the lib-ATC-files. I now started my B777 and... Everything is working. I will try the 7-4 and the 7-3 tomorrow and I will be back to keep you informed.

Till then, thanx a bunch and I wish you a great day.

Kind regards / Herzliche Grüße,

Stefan.

Hi Stefan

You are good to go. Remember that the next install will reinstate lib-ATC.lua. Hopefully that won’t cause a repeat of your problem. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK