Sign in to follow this  
Rudy Stubbs

Help duplicating flagpole in scenery

Hi guys,

I'm using the object placement tool to place a flagpole in my scenery (it worked) and now I'm proudly flying the Stars & Stripes in front of my fire station.  I wanted to add a second version with the California flag next to it but can't figure how to do it.  I was able to change the US flag to the state flag by changing the texture file, and it displays correctly so now I can have one or the other, but not both.  Suggestions?

-Rudy

The texture file names are built into the object's model file. Each object has a unique number assigned to it when it is created, that is called a GUID. It is possible to replace a texture for a specific GUID, but then that texture applies to all models with the same GUID. More often than not, the models themselves are embedded within a library BGL file. I suggest that you visit www.fsdeveloper.com and look for tutorials for the utility Model Converter X. There may be easier ways of doing what you want to do, but the accepted technique is to use MCX.

There are three default, animated flags, from which you can modify the default texture, by replacing it with a custom texture of your own with the same name. All instances of this model will display the new texture. You will not be able to go beyond this with this technique and MCX can't help with this, because MCX cannot compile this animation. For example, you cannot copy a default flag, change the GUID, apply your new texture to it and have both.

Rick Keller