Sign in to follow this  
Nikita Kardash

PMDG and Performance in FSX

Switch to P3D...

I have a run of the mill desktop with a 6 year old i7 cpu @ 4ghz, GTX 470 and 6 gigs of Ram. I really did not expect to see the performance benefit from switching from FSX.SE to P3Dv3. Everything is sooooo much smoother at lower FPS.

Admittedly, I have had to dial down the settings (not too much) but the sim still looks awesome with ORBX FTX global and the Queen. No traffic, 1024 clouds and stock airports. Its horses for courses on what your preference is but this works for me until I have the money to seriously upgrade.

Last night I flew the tutorial from KDEN to KSFO and had 30 fps most the way there (the odd stutter but mostly smooth). I actually think the Queen performs better than the NGX for me.

My advise for what its worth: try P3D.

Best regards

Martin Woulfe

Martin Woulfe

Computer Specs

Mobo P6X58D-E, CPU i7-950 @ 4.0 GHz, GPU GTX470, 6GB DDR3 RAM

FSX

PMDG J41, PMDG MD11, Flight 1 BN Islander, EZCA, ASE, REX, SimplatesX, Ultimate Traffic 2, FS Global 2010, Ground Env X (Europe), Ultimate Terrain X (Europe)

Aerosoft LFPG, EDDF

UK2000 EGPH, EGLL, EGSS, EGGP

Fly Tampa St Maarten, St Barths, SABA, Grenadines