Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Beating the Euro Currency Exchange

Guest GOP

I've advocated that its in both Europes, the United States interests to extend NAFTA to Australia, New Zealand, and Britain! I do not like the EU as a concept, not because of dislike for any individual European countries. The fact is that it is set-up in such a way that one nation can and will dominate over all others! Nationalism will once again lead the World into war! Not a good thing with nukes around! Like it or not the world is moving towards one currency as standard. This must be prevented and not in its present form NAFTA with level playing field aspect is the right direction for the world! Britain is the lynch pin on wether the EU will stay strong and grow! The debate that is overshadowed by other world events; will Britain join the EU parliament and sign the constitution? "call a referendum if you dare Mr. Blair?". "God, Queen, and Country" is still very strong within true Englishmen (and woman) and therefore a strong part of the British nationalism. If Prime Minister Blair calls a referendum, with help from God the people will save the Queen! Britain will not sign onto the EU constitution. If the PM goes the and signs on without the people, his government will fall in quick order! Either way I'm ready to short the Euro!!!! For the FS world would it not be better to sell the rights to selling their products and manufactuer of same to someone or group in another country? Avoiding the headache and extra expense of such nosense of duties, taxes, exchange and most of all my countries or Unions money is better than yours, haha (best Simpsons voice)!

If there is such a price disprepancy what stops you from buying the product in the US (Amazon, Ebay) and shipping it over. With what looks like a 100% markup on FS9 I am sure there is enough room to cover freight....unless of course the real problem is import duty.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

US companies are not allowed to ship Microsoft (and many other) products abroad.Check Amazon for software, says "ships to US and Canada only" on many items, not just software but almost everything except books, CDs and DVDs/videos.Checked out software stores when in the US last year, almost every box said "for sale in USA and Canada only". Got a feeling that they'd have refused to sell to me seeing a European creditcard had I tried.It gets worse though, I can't even order many things from the UK because of the same restrictions.Import duties and taxes can indeed double the price depending on shipping cost.I once ordered a $40 item from the US that came with $10 of shipping (this thing was not available anywhere in the EU that I could find).I ended up paying

Guest davidvoogd

LOL don't complain - try being Canadian - we have to pay an exchange on US dollars, much less Euros! One Euro = $1.60 CDN!