Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

New flight

During my second flight, this happens. The 747 changes course for no reason. I disconnect A/P and steer it in to the right heading, connect A/P and again the 747 follow my flightplan input in FMC.

Oozkknpd60qTjnVZQdDT2qzsnQgiVHrrjHbNZDW_un9G-o6JcXvNKBnT8YF0941AEFFeulOrqJnY0TFp_DVB62lqwV2z9TIJKxFt2XLBLqPXBGNYdVIPxSOaoINb9pLYaCNcHkvNDCdTJz7LnyGJmBEZKW3EKRGw

Just now, rondon9898 said:

Is this a weather related issue, I wonder? Are you using AS16 Ken?

Hi, John! That is a possibility. I use AS16+ASCA. I have disengage  the weather add on during the flight with the same result, i.e the 747 will not follow FMC input. I have also disconnect EZDOK and after all get the same status.

The picture shows A/P disconnected, only FD so yeah in this mode you have to fly the airplane.  If A/P is disconnecting unexpectedly then it can be anything associated with your controllers and even how trim is assigned.  If the aircraft is deviating from planned route with A/P turned on then let's see a picture of that.  Just PFD and ND should be good enough. The CDU screen and MCP panel doesn't provide any useful information in this case.

Dan Downs KCRP

I disconnected A / P to re-enter 747 on the correct course again. The aircraft is deviating from planned route with A/P turned. My 747 trim is assigned to Elevator trim up and down. Thank´s for the tip about the picture!

look at your ND, you have a 67 knot crosswind. you probably entered some kind of weather transition. 

the aircraft attitude, speed trend vectors etc are all way messed up too.

you're asking questions a lot which is great but you're still an absolute newbie with the plane - that's fine but i think you should test fly it more to figure out the limits and operations, find out how things work. then once you have a good idea of how things work, come in here and ask questions that you can't figure out yourself through experimentation.

i also recommend strongly that you check out the pilotseye.tv videos on youtube - they are AMAZING for teaching procedures. there are not too many boeing videos from them, but there are a couple 747 and 777 videos and the autopilots are similar in both so watch the videos and then see if you can replicate the usage in the sim.

7 hours ago, paradoxbox said:

look at your ND, you have a 67 knot crosswind. you probably entered some kind of weather transition. 

the aircraft attitude, speed trend vectors etc are all way messed up too.

you're asking questions a lot which is great but you're still an absolute newbie with the plane - that's fine but i think you should test fly it more to figure out the limits and operations, find out how things work. then once you have a good idea of how things work, come in here and ask questions that you can't figure out yourself through experimentation.

i also recommend strongly that you check out the pilotseye.tv videos on youtube - they are AMAZING for teaching procedures. there are not too many boeing videos from them, but there are a couple 747 and 777 videos and the autopilots are similar in both so watch the videos and then see if you can replicate the usage in the sim.

Thank you for the tip about the Pilots eye. TV!