Sign in to follow this  
eddman

gear handle

win 8.1, fsx, pmdg b747-400II v.3.0 qots, the landing gear handle moves from down to off continually by its self while on the ground, in the air gear handle stays in the up position. gear works as usual.

this is almost certainly because you have some control, either in FSX or FSUIPC, selected to moving the gear handle and it's not calibrated. I was getting this problem and eventually found that the sim had assigned the gear extension command to one of my throttle levers. Just go through all your control assignments in FSX and FSUIPC and calibrate/delete as required.

11 hours ago, eddman said:

thank you for your reply, im on it.

Also be aware that PMDG do not recommend using windows 8 due to issues with the OS. It is recommended you upgrade to Windows 10.

FYI - PMDG require you to sign all your posts with your full name.

ok thanks . my name is Edward Jones.Now, can i upgrade to win 10 without major simulator/aircraft/scenery problems?

6 hours ago, eddman said:

ok thanks . my name is Edward Jones.Now, can i upgrade to win 10 without major simulator/aircraft/scenery problems?

Exactly, all current addons (including PMDG) will support Windows 10 you won't regret it, it runs so much smoother than Windows 8 does.

edd jones here. I made the switch to win 10, youre right it seems to be a smoother running system now,thanks.

problem still exixts with my qotsII v.3 in that my landing gear handle seemed to have a life of its own moving up and down by itself.  Well I'm no good at this but with fsuipc I was able to get the gear handle to stop moving by itself. I'm using the pfc throttle quadrant now when I select gear up the handle goes only to the gear off position and the landing gear remains down till I use the mouse. is there a way to bypass the gear off position to go full up and raise the gear remotely?  Anyone?