Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Oculus and HTC: Stick em' up!

So I've had the Oculus for a while, and yes, we know it's a great thing, the cats meow, etc.

But kind of a wire hassle, huh? The touch controllers are wireless of course, but unless you're keeping them in the original storage case (I'm not nearly that neat and organized, sorry) they can tend to get underfoot, fall off the edge of your computer desk or etc, whereupon they may get curiously sniffed by your doggies as potential food items or chew treats......

So how to keep them available, but out of the way?

Seems other people have thought about this and a quick visit to Amazon and other places finds a few mostly 3D printed solutions, but I wanted something I could replace easily if they got broken or something.

Enter these little things, easily found just about anywhere, doesn't require drilling, quickly removable....... For me, a nearly perfect solution, and one I am hereby passing on! No, it may not be for everyone, but hey, I tried. 

Interestingly, you can also use these, or a larger, sturdier one to attach your headset to the wall as well. I will include a picture of how it might be done.

Cheers!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Command-Quartz-Terrace-Hook-2-Hooks-4-Strips-17086Q/24548726

d8017f88-3d2d-47da-84b4-cab55d1f743c_1.e

Headset hanging!

uq5vEC.jpg

Finally another toy I located, that helps with Oculus lighthouse positioning on your walls. Good luck!!

https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Rift-Sensor-Mount-Black-pack/dp/B06XR8DL7T/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502894114&sr=8-1&keywords=3d+Lasers+Lab#customerReviews

OdPVWd.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!