Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Smooth instrument movement!

Guest ScoutFlyer

RealAir did it! If you are like me and you:a) only use VC:( bought X-Plane because of its smooth instrument movementc) like to fly low and slowd) have been DREAMING of smooth instrument movement in FS9then you need to check out the new Scout 2006. This is NOT an advertisement. I just can't believe how great the new plane is. I actually flew a SMOOTH instrument approach. And the VC isn't even blurry!

Guest aca_dia

I assume you have the SF260? It is a prefect single engine instrument trainer for FS9. Agreed it is great to have the ACA line up to that standard now. The Scout obviously makes a much better bush plane than the 260!

Guest Rayed

RealAir makes the best planes for FS9, period.I wonder what would happen if they would be interested in some heavy iron.. I bet we would have nice surprise :)I am happy with GA stuff they offer though. Marchetti is my default plane.

>RealAir did it! If you are like me and you:>>a) only use VC>:( bought X-Plane because of its smooth instrument movement>c) like to fly low and slow>d) have been DREAMING of smooth instrument movement in FS9>X-Plane is a decent sim in it's own right, and though I tend to be pro MSFS , I try to make truces once and a while, when it comes my forum comments between the two simulations.However, just yesterday, I see a comment like this, from an X-Plane forum moderator on a non Avsim forum, and then it gets "locked" so I can't repsond! :-roll This thread talked about the upcoming MSFS FlightSim X, and X-Plane."MSFS is first of all a fun game, and looks good. Realism is secondary, the developers admit this themselves. So don't expect great advances in flight model The whole time, I'm thinking "RealAir" goes all out in developing great flight models, that are more favorable to simulating aerobatics, with excellent rudder control, than what I've found in ANY OTHER simulation! I use the RealAir SF260 as the "benchmark" when comparing flight dynamics with any X-Plane model. And now that RealAir has smooth gauges, it's not an X-Plane advantage either.But.............I still like X-Plane too...My comments are to just relay the "fact", that X-Plane does not have a hold or edge, on the "best" possible flight dynamics.L.Adamson

Guest Jimbofly

Where've you been??The Spitfire and new SF260 for 2005 both incorporate the new smooth guage feature, and they are incredible!By FAR the smoothest and crispest guages are from RealAir. I've always been a keen customer of their products and right now I'm itching to get my hands on their new package for 2006.And their realview system is also a fantastic innovation for FS aircraft.I've said it plenty of times but many people seem to dismiss RealAir because they only make GA aircraft.James

Guest tomyeah

i wish they would make more aircrafts. like some really tight fighting jet or some helicopter. they should have enlarged their company long time ago and dominate the addon-aircraft market ;)blowing up your engine in the spitfire, having the front windows covered with oil and dirt and making a belly landing is so much fun ;) all these crazy sounds when you go into G-effects. awesome work. there is this PureSteel texture set for the spitfire that gives it a shiny chrome look, which is my favourite repaint.regards, tom.

Hi Tom,Glad you like our aircraft. We make a limited number of releases because our first consideration is squeezing as much quality as we can out of the design. That doesn't come quickly. Yes we could expand RealAir but we are a happy partnership with a few very civilised friends to help us along.We resist growth at the expense of quality.We'd love to build one aircraft every month...but we take our time and that means 9 months to a year per aircraft....including upgrades which are not just tinkering but major updates. Our SF260 is in its fourth year and still going strong. We hope the Scout will follow that trend.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Robert,Maybe you can help me. I have submitted this to support but since you are on line maybe it will be quicker.I purchased and tried to install, but the install program locks up as soon as it starts to download files. Is this just because the server is overloaded or do I have a corrupted download file?Thanks,Tom

Guest aca_dia

Do you guys still have a jet project in the works?

Guest Nick C

>RealAir makes the best planes for FS9, period.>>I wonder what would happen if they would be interested in some>heavy iron.. I bet we would have nice surprise :)God forbid ;-)

>RealAir makes the best planes for FS9, period.>Roger that, Rayed! I couldn`t agree more..Thanks Rob & Sean for what looks like another belter. I`m going to be away from my precious FS for 6 weeks but the moment I get back to NZ the Citabria / Deke / Champ package is going straight on the Mrs` credit card!CheersJames

Hi Tom,It sounds like the small installer file (which is the first one you get) may have had a glitch in the download. We know all the files are fine otherwise there'd be hundreds of people complaining!Just download the installer exe again, remember where you put it. Then run it. Everything else is completely automatic and painless after that.Let me know if you have any further problems by contacting me direct at RealAir.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest CWD

>>RealAir makes the best planes for FS9, period.>>>>I wonder what would happen if they would be interested in>some>>heavy iron.. I bet we would have nice surprise :)>>God forbid ;-) I've been lead to believe the 3D gauge technology used by RealAir in their Spitfire, SF. 260 and new taildraggers and some other developers isn't really workable on cockpits with many instruments like heavy iron would require.

Guest Roadkill

Maybe a post hear will help. I already had the Decathlon and the Scout. I just bought the Dec/Cat/Scout 2006 upgrade and it downloaded alright. The install program uninstalled some files and just when I thought installation was about complete it suddenly stopped and said there was an error and would not continue. When I tried to run install again, I was told that the program could not locate my prior installations of the Decathlon, etc (I've only been running them for months, default installation) and I should uninstall/reinstall them. I have now done so several times but I get the same message. This is very frustrating! I cannot install the upgrade I just paid for!