Sign in to follow this  
Volkira

First PMDG purchase experience not good.

I just bought my first PMDG product the DC-6 and so far the experience hasn't been good.My excitement has disappeared and my frustrations have left me peeved.

I need help.I've spent hours now trying to get this download to finish.Most of the download completes.My troubles start as soon as the Opscenter updater comes on screen.It just won't work.

I have no antivrus running.

These are the errors showing up

Download Failed

"settings.dat"has failed to download after 3 attempts

"change.txt"has failed to download after 3 attempts

"Product Module 737NGX P4D.dll"has failed to download after 3 attempts

"747 QOTSII XSE.dll"has failed to download after 3 attempts.

Each time I run the updater I get these errors.So I tried 3 times now to do a repair install.

Same issue all the time.

The last message of updater said the program was now upto date.

But there is still no Opscenter.exe on my PC and no mention of PMDG in the Start list on my windows 10.

The PMDG Opscenter folder in the C: drive only has the Opscenter updater.exe,a PMDG icon and a PDF manual.

I have started up P3dv4 and included the serial number and the plane loads up in the game.

But no Opscentre.exe

Should I remove this install and redownload the file.Though I guess it would be the same file.

Anyone out there that can offer some help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note their rules require our full names on all posts.

Finding OC files missing or not working is a common complaint with the most probable cause is antivirus software.  If you look in the AV quarantine you may find your missing OC, maybe depending on AV.  Some might find that putting an exception to allow the OC to operate works for them but most have to disable their AV software.  Turning it off is usually not sufficient because it always loads.

Direct support from PMDG is only available from PMDG Product Support, this is a user forum and all we can do is offer suggestions based on what has worked for others.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Volkira

Have you submitted a support ticket? The forum is primarily for user to user support. It sounds from your situation that you may be better suited with direct support from PMDG. They have a pretty good turn around time for tickets like yours.

If you do contact them and get a resolution it would help to update this thread again in case someone else has an issue.

Mike

Edit: Dan beat me to it.