Sign in to follow this  
Holger

What order, mesh, landclass, etc?

Guest CyberFlyer

Hi,I am wondering what order I should have mesh, landclass, etc in.Thanks,Tim

Hi Tim,there's no need for any particular order between those groups because land class, mesh, water/roads/railroads, scenery, etc. are all parts of the FS landscape that are dealt with pretty much independently by the display "engine".What is important is the order of priority within a group if some of the files overlap each other spatially. For land class I just explained priority handling here - http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=305014&page= - and for mesh you can find out more on Steve Greenwood's site: http://www.fs-traveler.com/tips-g.shtmlCheers, Holger

Guest CyberFlyer

Hi Holger,I read your links, and the other links to simflight forums.Very useful info.What started me wondering is the info in the VOZ user guide, it showsMesh as 1Scenery as 2Landclass as 3So, maybe you will be able to see why I was questioning what was said.Thanks,Tim

Hi Tim,you're welcome.Indeed, some add-ons, including some of my own, that include land class, mesh, and other stuff *do* require a specific order in the scenery library. However, that's usually not because of the land class or mesh files contained in those folders but rather because they also contain excludes or other files that require to be in a specific order. In short, always read the instructions provided with an add-on but don't let anyone tell you to *always* place mesh on top of land class or vice versa, or similar generalizations. Cheers, Holger