Sign in to follow this  
demarr55

P3D stopped responding but only when use PMDG747

After purchase of PMDG 747 QOTSII, attempt flight from KSEA to RKSI,  About 4 hours into the flight I get the error message that Prepar3d not responding and only option is to quit the program.

Tried a second flight using the same flight plan and get same result.  Setup a test flight from KFLL to KSEA using the PMDG 737-800, not using any third party scenery or weather program and flight completes successfully.

Same flight plan, only now using the PMDG 747-400, again no third party scenery or weather program, and about 3 hours into the flight get the dreaded message Prepar3d not responding.  Being the stubborn person that I am, tried the flight a second time with the same end result.

Have searched the forum and found one case where the user mentioned a similar problem if using popups of ND and PFD.  Will certainly give this a try, but that is not a solution.  Also note, I was monitoring my temps during the flights and have no over heating problems.  Two of the flights did not show any faulting module, however one did show ntdll.dll as faulting module.

Anybody else having this problem?

My sysem

Windows 10 home 64 bit

Asrock Z87 Professional

Intel i7 4770k overclocked to 4.2 GHZ

16 GB dual channel memory

GTX 770 graphics adapter

Any help would be appreciated

Bob Demarest

demarestrobert@gmail.com

18 minutes ago, demarr55 said:

Two of the flights did not show any faulting module, however one did show ntdll.dll as faulting module.

Anybody else having this problem?

NTDLL.dll is usually a graphics driver issue, or it could be related to an unstable overclock.

(NOTE: It could be many things, but those are the usual suspects in the context of the sim.)

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I am running the latest Nvidia graphics driver, 385.28 but could go back to previous one and see if that helps.  As for unstable overclock, I have my doubts, been using this PC for the past couple years running all PMDG products in FSX with no problems what so ever, but there is the possibility that some component has degraded over the years to make it unstable.  Have to keep in mind the PMDG 737 works like a charm with no problems.

4 hours ago, demarr55 said:

Have to keep in mind the PMDG 737 works like a charm with no problems.

Have to also keep in mind that your computer, itself, is pointing to a dll that isn't ours, so it isn't our code directly. This usually means the problem is found elsewhere.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

An update, ran the flight again today, same plan as yesterday, no third party scenery or weather programs.  Did not use any popup of ND, PFD, FMC, during the entire flight and flight completed without any problems.  Does this shed any more light on the problem?  Will verify again in the morning and run it again.

9 hours ago, demarr55 said:

been using this PC for the past couple years running all PMDG products in FSX with no problems what so ever,

P3D is a more demanding sim than FSX. What might have been a stable OC in FSX might be unstable in P3D as it's pushing the CPU harder.