Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

CH Products Eclipse Flight Simulator Yoke (200-616) Purchase

Hi All,

I am about to start my PPL training and have been considering selling my Saitek X-55 and replacing it with a yoke. I would love a YOKO yoke but cannot justify the price tag right now.

I have found that I can get a CH Products Eclipse Flight Simulator Yoke (200-616) online for around $250 CDN.

Does anyone have one of these ? If so I would like to hear what you think about this yoke. Does this suffer form the horrible detent that my previous Saitek yoke did?

I know the X-55 has Hall sensors and I am not expecting the CH Yoke to be as sensitive but i'd really like a yoke to replicate as close as possible the Cessna 172 I will be learning in.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I replaced my original CH USB yoke earlier this year with the Eclipse and am pleased with it. It has more of a true feel than the USB yoke and still has all the functions. Also it can be programmed with even more functions through the switches on the hub.  For the current price, I don't think you can ;go wrong.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On 8/25/2017 at 7:00 PM, 188AHC said:

I replaced my original CH USB yoke earlier this year with the Eclipse and am pleased with it. It has more of a true feel than the USB yoke and still has all the functions. Also it can be programmed with even more functions through the switches on the hub.  For the current price, I don't think you can ;go wrong.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the reply,

Do you find the pitch & roll axis are smooth ? Is there any type of detent ?

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 hours ago, Richdem said:

Do you find the pitch & roll axis are smooth ? Is there any type of detent ?

The CH has no detents. It is more or less smooth when new but less so as it ages. Some say it can be improved by lubrication but you must use the right kind of lubrication because it has plastic bearings. The strings are very strong. Overall it is better than the Saitek yoke but it's nothing like a real Cessna 172. I made a couple of videos about the CH Eclipse, which you can find on my YT channel if you're interested.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

5 hours ago, MarkDH said:

The CH has no detents. It is more or less smooth when new but less so as it ages. Some say it can be improved by lubrication but you must use the right kind of lubrication because it has plastic bearings. The strings are very strong. Overall it is better than the Saitek yoke but it's nothing like a real Cessna 172. I made a couple of videos about the CH Eclipse, which you can find on my YT channel if you're interested.

Thank you Mark,

I will check out your YT videos. 

I understand that the CH Yoke isn't a real life replica but I want to be able to implement what I have learnt in the real aircraft at home between actual lessons and a yoke seems the better idea as opposed to a HOTAS setup

Richard

Richard

mmBbmS1.png