Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

Images no longer showing??

I've just tried to read two separate articles Ray's Review of Xtreme Lear Jet and Ryan's 'mini review' of same aircraft. 

In both cases the images are just showing as placeholders on my iPhone and iPad. 

Any ideas please?

thanks

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Yup, most pictures in the Review section do not show up.

Dead links or something.

51 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

Yup, most pictures in the Review section do not show up.

Dead links or something.

Why are you necroposting?

There are many reviews without pictures here at AVSIM but I have clicked on the Reviews in the Tab above and gone to several reviews and all that I have found are intact with images and links.  Some AVSIM reviews found on the Internet will have missing links and pictures as the AVSIM site has been upgraded many times and the technology used a few years ago is no longer available with modern website structures and the pictures and links were lost in the transactions.  These are mostly really old reviews though where the product has changed several times.  To be critical of AVSIM because of missing or dead links is really not fair.  Who reads an old, old review?  Not me as technology has changed and the products have been upgraded many times since then.  We had one review that had a link to the developer's website and the developer had quit and the site was taken over by ransomware.  Click on the old link and you were subjected to ransomware!! So, our virus detector may have detected a bad link or a link to a malicious website and killed it. 

Many members go to YouTube when they want a current review of a product.  We did not have the expertise from many of the video reviewers several years ago.  I would love to see our "old" reviews upgraded but we do not have the manpower to accomplish this feat and many of the previous reviewers have since departed AVSIM or gotten out of the review business.  We are always looking for some to help us in the Reviews Department.  It is a difficult and challenging position as the person must have a total command of English and effective writing skills.  We are now looking at setting up video reviews of products and you might be seeing some of those in the near future.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Review I was trying to look at were these 2...I don't consider these old.

Images gone.  Cannot be fixed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10