Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

True airspeeds

I noticed at 75% cruise power the True Airspeeds are near 190 the graph shows mid 170's to low 180's 22/2400 15.6gph gives me 188ktas and not what the graph shows 

As mentioned before, I believe that Alabeo did model an Ovation 2 and the RW Ovation 2 tables do match.  

According to an article in AOPA they claim an extra 7 knots comes from a more efficient propeller being used on the 2?

"Let's take the airplane's speed profiles first. Running wide open at 22 inches of manifold pressure and 2,500 rpm, with mixture set at 50 degrees rich of peak (this turns out to be 16 gph), the Ovation2 will turn in a very respectable 190 KTAS at 8,000 feet under standard conditions. This is some seven knots more than the Ovation2's predecessor — the Ovation, built between 1994 and 2000 — thanks to the 2's switch to a more efficient two-blade McCauley propeller".